Sunday, February 8, 2009

I've Chosen An Issue ..Compulsory Education

Through a member of a social website I belong to, I discovered a website that has infuriated me and encouraged me at the same time. The website is:
JohnTaylorGatto.com
Nothing about that name would indicate the treasure of (free) information provided on the site. There is an entire book titled: Underground History of American Education. You can purchase the book, but if you are short on funds and long on time (as I am), you can read every word online or save to your computer for offline reading. Along with the book is a summary of a documentary film they are trying to produce. The film is in 3 parts and a total of 6 hours. It's title is:
The Fourth Purpose
Part I - Whats Wrong With Our Schools?- Will examine the troubling anomalies of our current system.
Part II - How Did It Get That Way? - Will penetrate the untold history of our schools.
Part III - What Can We Do? - Will survey the many extraordinary alternatives available to students, parents, and teachers.

The pages telling the above information were copyrighted 2003 and they were seeking contributions to help produce the films, so I'm thinking that they still have not been completed and released. But...........
I did a search and found a site that did have an excellent 16 minute promo of the series.
Check it out!!!

What's Wrong With Our Schools? -- Will examine the troubling anomalies of our current system.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting website, Brenda. It definitely backs up the "indoctrination" theory and explains so much about how we find ourselves in this unbelievable moment in history.
    Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for standing up for America, and thank you for becoming a follower of my blog.
    Val

    ReplyDelete