Sunday, January 25, 2009

NY Times Report

N.Y. TIMES REPORT

A biker is riding by the zoo, when he sees a little
girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion
grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull
her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her
screaming parents. The biker jumps off his bike, runs
to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with
a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion
jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker
brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him
endlessly.

A NYT reporter has seen the whole scene, and
addressing the biker, says, "Sir, this was the most
gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole
life."

"Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind
bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted
as I felt right."

"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a
journalist from the New York Times , you know, and
tomorrow's paper will have this on the first page.
What motorcycle do you ride and what political
affiliation do you have?"

" A Harley Davidson and I am a Republican. "

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys The New York
Times to see if it indeed brings news of his actions,
and reads, on first page:

BIKER GANG MEMBER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND
STEALS HIS LUNCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment